[pyrnet] Supplements for dry skin?

Hello -

Does anyone use a omega-3 or fish oil supplements for dry itchy skin?  Any other kind of supplement?

Bacchus is one year old and is currently eating a large breed puppy food with 26% crude protein, 14% crude fat, 2.4% omega-6 oils and 0.3% omega-3 oils.  He is scratching at his ruff on the neck and shoulders and chews at his forelegs and knee-area (although not continuously and not to the point of hair loss or skin damage).  I intend to have him brushed out later this week to get rid of loose undercoat - he won't stand for me to do it and I have no helper to hold him or grooming table.  I can find no evidence of fleas and he has been on K-9 Advantix for the last two months since our flea problem earlier in the fall.

Also, any suggestions where to buy these items in bulk or economical sizes?  The products at the chain pet stores are just ridiculously priced.

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!

Laurie & Bacchus