Re: [pyrnet] HEALTH; CHAT: Sampson, update no foot, results from radiologist bad news

Reading your story broke my heart.I am terribly sorry this is happening to you all over again.  Sampson will be in prayers. I sure hope everything turns out ok. (((HUGS)))

--- On Sat, 1/16/10, Linda Anderson <linda.nightsky@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Linda Anderson <linda.nightsky@gmail.com>
Subject: [pyrnet] HEALTH; CHAT: Sampson, update no foot, results from radiologist bad news
To: "Livestock Guardian Dog List" <LGD-L@apple.ease.lsoft.com>, pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org, "Great Pyrenees Discussion List" <Pyr-L@apple.ease.lsoft.com>
Cc: "Lee Atwood" <lee@animalsanywhere.com>, "Ja Cee Crull" <pyrprint@gmail.com>, "Nancy Carr" <l-ncarr@comcast.net>, "Mike Floyd" <kaskadian@aol.com>, "Arlene Marquardt" <arlenemarquardt@yahoo.com>, "lorna glastra" <lvglastra@yahoo.com>, "Jon Glastra" <ghinc1004@qwestoffice.net>, linda.nightsky@gmail.com
Date: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 2:10 PM

Limping on right front noticed on 12/26 and went to vet - xrays.. she said it didn't look like bone cancer.  2.5 weeks later back for follow up xrays and he is limping worse.  I steel myself for b.c.  She is still thinking a bone infection - xrays do show change.  Xrays to radiologist.  Results yesterday morning - fast moving bone cancer.

We are soooo sad.  He JUST turned 5 on Christmas day and.. we lost the male Pyr, Toby, before him to the same thing (they were no relation to each other).  Toby was "at least" 10 though.  We adore this big dog, it goes without saying.  This is SO unfair after having already gone through it.

 I made an appointment for an oncologist in our area for Tuesday and my vet has already sent the xrays forward (Dr. Sarbu in Lynnwood, Wa).  I even insured Molly and Sammy after our experience with Toby, but that may not even be helpful, because today (Sat.), he is MUCH worse:   foot turned a bit to the side, swollen and we are giving him max pain med:  Tramadol 2 tablets three times a day.  He is now not even putting weight on the foot - hanging it in the air and it is just killing us.  I fear perhaps it has broken?  Have a call back into my reg. vet.

very, very sad around here.

http://i333.photobucket.com/albums/m397/elmochloe/jonandhisbuddy.jpg

--
Linda Anderson