Re: [pyrnet] Where are all the decent large animal dog chews?

I don't think I'm ever going to give any of our dogs rawhide chews again. We'll stick with the Kongs. My father almost lost his Schnauzer a few weeks ago to an intestinal blockage - caused by a rawhide bone we'd given him. Granted, our prys are much bigger, but that also means they can tear off a larger portion. It's just not worth the "tariff." Instead, I get the largest bones the local butcher has to offer.

Bea Stephens, RN

-----Original Message-----

From:  Christine <chrissy@instant.net>
Subj:  [pyrnet] Where are all the decent large animal dog chews?
Date:  Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:29 pm
Size:  1K
To:  pyrnet-l  <pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org>

I've seen this topic before but have to ask again:
 Where are all the decent large animal dog chews? Kodi barely touches the "BusyBone" brand dog chews. Don't get me wrong, he'll finally chew on one but I see more of them covered in dirt or mud scattered about on our property. He likes the Granola chews but I have only found them in medium dog size - and quite frankly they are overpriced at Walgreens. I don't mind spending extra for a brand called "Chicken Tops," (which are small) since Kodiak absolutely loves them. However those are more of a reward type of chew - and he finishes one in less than five minutes.

 Christine/Kodiak