From: "Laurie McDonough" <laurie88888@yahoo.com>
To: pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2010 11:10:07 AM
Subject: [pyrnet] To Groom or Not to Groom

All the info. on Pyrs and predators was fascinating!  Now for a more mundane question.

Bacchus is 1-1/2 years old and has never cared for being brushed, even when he was small.  Loves to be rubbed and petted, but when he sees the combs and brushes come out he gets a real attitude.  Since I seldom have someone to help hold him he doesn't get brushed out very often so I've taken him to a groomer a couple of times.  He is fine for the groomer if he's restrained on a grooming table and has stood for well over an hour getting brushed out with no problem.

So here's my question - when will he blow his coat?  Would I be wasting my money if I get him bathed and groomed now, if he's likely to blow his coat in a month or so?  I remember reading some posts a few months back about Pyrs blowing their coats at about a year old, but he hasn't and right now his coat is quite intact.  We're in New England if that's helpful.

Thanks in advance for any ideas you may have!

Laurie & Bacchus