[pyrnet] Water and Rain

Can anyone tell me if being afraid of water and especially rain is a Pyr thing? My Gunner dislikes baths with a passion, but we do seem to get that done with a big tantrum and a full day poutfest. Rain is another story! Rather than go out to potty, as soon as I open the door to let him out, he will run and find a place to curl up in a tight ball so that we have to use everything we've got to get him up and out. He literally runs around the house like a little child running from his mommy. It's really pretty amusing, but also quite annoying and concerning because we don't want him to end up with a kidney infection. Once he's finally outside, he will stand at the edge of the patio not daring to step foot on a wet lawn. Not doing his duty, he will then come back to the door and bark and cry until he is let in. Subsequently we have seen him go a day and a half without potty. He is 3 1/2 and we rescued him from the shelter at 1 1/2. They found him wondering the streets. Maybe he was stuck out in some storms back then. Maybe it's a Pyr thing. Does anyone know? Does anyone have any suggestions? Quite the personality, we adore him and he is a huge (pun) part of our family!

Thanks,

Traci