From: "Kimberly Shaffer" <kimberlys@hotmail.com>
To: pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org
Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2010 12:26:06 PM
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] Canine joint support

We give our 8 year old Border Collie and our 2 year old Pyrenees (He had a hip replacement at the age of 14 months) the regular
human glucosamine/chondroitin . After comparing ingredients and talking to others who give their dogs the human version it
seems to be the exact same but only CHEAPER. So why not give it? Your vet should be able to tell you the dosage if you aren't
sure. We don't have our other Pyr on it YET but she may go on it too eventually. She's 4 and already objects to taking her daily
seizure meds and fish oil pill so I'm not sure we could add another into the mix right now! How do dogs get so clever when you
try to hide the pill? Doesn't take long for them to eat the treat and then several seconds later spit the pill on the floor! hahaha!
We've used soft dog food, cheese, hot dogs, steak, hamburger, peanut butter. It all works for a time in fooling her and then next
thing ya know she's spitting out that pill!

~Kim in Ohio
Pyrs - Chloe & Tucker
Border Collie - Maggie
Cranky 13 year old Chihuahua - Puppy (the Pyr hater!)