From: slocum_da@earthlink.net
To: pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] 2 Dogs 2000 Miles Final Mile / Festival Update
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 08:29:01 -0400

Thanks for sharing.  I lost my Pyr to cancer 2 years ago as well.  I am in the area, I think we will do the last mile!!!

Deb

On Jun 9, 2010, at 9:38 PM, Laurie McDonough wrote:

Hi everyone,

I haven't seen anything on the list about this in awhile, so I thought I would send this along.

https://2md2m.ejoinme.org/MyEvents/2Dogs2000MilesBostonCelebrations/tabid/202030/Default.aspx

Luke lost his Pyr Malcolm to metastatic bone cancer in 2006.  In order to raise awareness of this disease, Luke took to the road with his other Pyrs, Hudson and Murphy, in March of 2008.  They have walked over 2,400 miles in the last two years through more than 14 states.

They are going to walk their last mile into Boston on Saturday, June 19th.  Join them at the Memorial service to remember the companions, canine or human, that we've lost to cancer.  After the Memorial Service walk that last mile into Boston with them - dogs and their people from more than 20 states will be there!  The walk will end at the Puppy Up! Festival where there will be vendors, food, entertainment and more.

The funds raised from these events will be used to launch the next phase of 2 Dogs, 2000 Miles, which is 2 Million Dogs.  "Cancer.  Touches.  Everyone."

I will be attending the walk with Bacchus and Caelus in memory of Hagrid, a Pyr/Anatolian mix who died from osteosarcoma at age 4, as well as my Labs, three of whom died of various cancers (one of osteosarcoma).  We will be walking with the Massachusetts Samoyeds and Friends group, if you would like to join us please let me know!  You can also register as a group if you have your own or would like to form one, or you can register as an individual (the Memorial Service, Walk and Festival are free).

Please come join the celebration while remembering our dear ones at the Rainbow Bridge.

Laurie, Bacchus & Caelus

Check out the Trailer: The Journey Begins at http://2dogs2000miles.blogspot.com/

For more info go to  www.2dogs2000miles.org
(There are some great interviews and videos featuring Hudson and Murphy on this site.)