[pyrnet] Re: dysplasia

My spinone was born with hip dysplasia. He sees a chiropractor when   his symptoms get very pronounced and it really seems to make a difference.

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 1, 2010, at 8:27 PM, Darla Gault <darla.d.g@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

Well, my dogs probably wish they were as spoiled as yours.  I have a 4 YO puppy mill girl, who I adopted at 9 weeks.  She is some 96 lbs, and has a heart condition called subaerotic stenosis, and she has allergies.  I had her allergy tested and there are 24 things in the environment she is allergic to.  Dust, human dander, grass. oak and birch trees, you name it.  She is on allergy shots and I won't know until next summer if they helped.  She is also afraid of eveything that moves or make a noise.  Then I have a 3 YO adopted PYR boy, who is pretty normal health wise expect for severe hip dysplasia.  He limps every day (right hip) even though I have him on Rimadyl.  These are inside dogs and they get Taste of the Wild, Pacific Stream with Smoked Salmon.  They eat 2 cups twice a day.  In the hot weather, the may not eat all of it.  They are inside A/C dogs, but in St. Louis they are loving the cool weather.   They will stay outside in an ice store and just love it.  Coleene gets severe chronic ear infections (I treat them almost daily) and staph skin infections (antibiotics).  I have found that they are much more comfortable if I keep them shaved (I know many of you don't believe in that) but they are indoor dogs and the humidity in St. Louis is 90+ in the summer.  It really helps with Coleene's skin infections, and they are so much more comfortable year round.  Would be interested in any info you can prove re: ear infections and hip dysplasia.

Darla, Coleene, and  Bone