RE: [pyrnet] Knee brace for a dog

Christine - thank you so much for the quick response.  I feel so bad for our friends.  Our husbands were stationed together in Michigan (Coast Guard.)  Their first dog was a rescue - someone tied the poor thing to a lighthouse to starve!!!  They took him - he ended up being a huge, beautiful shepard mix, then died a year later with cancer :(  And now this dog is 4 years old and to replace 2 hips and knees they were told would be $10,000!!!  I've had my own dealing with bad hips with my Lab - luckily an FHO surgery on the worst hip made a world of difference.  My dog's other hip has never deteriorated any further, and his knees are holding out for now - but they aren't great either.

Again, thanks for the info - I hope it can help them.

Melissa

From: ChristineCvs@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 20:34:33 -0500
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] Knee brace for a dog
To: pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org

Hi,

That was me!  Cody has a brace due to a torn ACL.  It has been an absolute lifesaver for him - literally.  With it on, he can go outside and roam free on the farm and we can feel more confident in him not hurting that knee or the other one.  It has also allowed scar tissue to form, which has also improved the stability of the knee.  Without it, I think we could have lost him already.

Here is the info for where I got the brace:
Canadian Animal Rehab Services
Molly Barber
1-800-678-9291

Hope this can help.