Re: [WW] More atrocities

I think Arne has brought up an interesting point, that extends beyond the experiments conducted in concentration camps.  A lot of what we know about traumatic injuries comes from fairly brutal experiments on animals and, in many cases, people.  Also, America is far from blameless in the whole eugenics argument:  consider some of the forced sterilization of "feeble-minded" individuals that went on at the various asylums for the mentally impaired.  It's enough to make you ill.

Anyway, to tie this back into the game, when you talk about atrocities, you present some extremely tough choices for your players, and they can either make the campaign or adventure unforgettable (like capturing the human monster that ordered his troops to massacre prisoners), or they can be extremely upsetting (describing the aftermath of said massacre might leave your group with nightmares - and our imaginations often conjure up only feeble echoes of how bad it _really_ was).  That kind of stuff is very heavy, and many gamers may not want to take the game to that level.

That's my two cents.

-Mock