Re: [WW] Helloo?

Hello everyone!  I'm a newbie to the list, but I figured I'd comment anyway.
LOL  I was at Origins, and I played both WW and DL D20...  So here are my
thoughts.  Mind you, I'm not always the most objective person in the world,
but you asked, right?  :o)

Deadlands D20:  It was a fun enough game, but it felt like a dungeon crawl
to me.  Our pre-gen characters where wisked along form one combat scene to
the next, with little or no chance for other roleplaying.  For combat, D20
works real smooth, for the rest, I couldn't tell you.  I still think I like
the DL system better, though, just because it is built for the setting, but
that's me.

Weird Wars:  This was my first real look at the game.  Sandor ran our
session, and let me just say, it rocked!  The setting seemed real slick, and
the session moved along very smoothly with a nice blend of roleplaying and
combat.  Of course, there was a good deal of combat, but then, it's a *war*
setting.  LOL  The really impressive thing about D20 that hit me in this
session was the ease with which the GM can modify tasks.  During an attack
by a bat-creature thingie, some of our suad memebers took quite a beating
(myself being attacked form behind and punctured through the back).  When we
asked aobut modifiers because of our damage (or because of earlier failures
to observe), Sandor came up with a general modifier that applied to all
tasks.  Now I don't know if this was just his good GMing or the system, but
it was smooth, and I was very impressed.  This game is on my "must buy"
list, and I'm very anxious for it's release.  JP and I have to start up a
game of it when we get back to college this fall.  :o)

Cheers!
- Buddy