[WW] Catching Up

Just the other day, I decided to go to the Pinnacle site and see which
Deadlands books I had missed, since I have not purchased any since
Collegium.  I immediately had to know what the opening splash picture
was all about, and read every bit of info on the Weird Wars section of
the site.  I signed up for the list and went straight to the archives,
and now I am almost caught up.  Now I just wanted to drop my name in
the hat and give my brief opinions on some of the major topics
discussed and ask a couple of questions.

Ranks

I think the ranks idea is a god idea, but, as with all good things,
really depends on the way the PCs play it.  It can either be an
opportunity for interesting gameplay, or cause a pack of pissed off
players.  Overall though, I think it will work out fine.

Importing Monsters

As with any role-playing game, the GM makes all the difference.  No
matter how great a game is, the bad GM can slaughter it, while the good
GM could make it even better.  I have to side with Shane on this point
in that the creatures shouldn't be just named (as is a common mistake
with many inexperienced or bad GMs), but instead described.  The
description is far more powerful than the name.  Of course, this is
true for any RPG.  (Unfortunately, I have major trouble describing
things myself, thus making me a poor GM, so I stick to being a player.
If anyone can offer me tips on better verbalizing myself, it would be
greatly appreciated.)

Women in WWII

Again, this is largely going to be based on the skill of the GM.

To Whoever Was Wanting To Use Deadlands Rules For Weird West:

With the upcoming Deadlands D20, I would think there would be
conversions both ways, so you could use that book to covert The D20
Weird Wars to a Deadlands format, if that is waht you desire.

OSI Question

Ok, this may be a little premature, but I was wondering if the OSI is
going to be a Men in Black/Agency type group, trying to keep the
general public from knowing about the supernatural powers that be, or
if it is simply an investigative group, trying to discover what makes
monsters tick and protect the general public, etc.  If the latter, will
there be plans to make an Agency-type group officially?  (Someone is
always trying to cover up the truth.)

Looking forward to battling "Fluffy" and his mindless "Poodles",

Ogy Joe

"How can you expect to succeed if you don't risk failure?"