Re[2]: [WW] Final Verdict

Dear Sandor!

No reason to get touchy ;-). I know they are in over their heads - and
I might know better than some (at least as the general situation is
concerned).

>>What is keeping them to use friendly transcripts of the Origins
>>"playtesting" to further fuel the fire? Or publish some interior art,
>>a 2 page .pdf-excerpt of the final rules, a very simple introductory
>>adventure?

> It's convention season in the U.S.

> Maybe traveling 10-15 hours (one way),
[..]
> leaves a two-man company without much free time to
> throw up freebies onto the net?

This is obvious. But they are working to make Pinnacle a success again
aren't they? Therefore they must be concerned about their marketing
effort as well. And compared to the huge stress conventions use to
cause, a well scheduled marketing plan for the website _might_
actually yield "better" results.

It's at least worth thinking about. And given, that they are a
two-man-team with quite a few freelancers, fans and so on around, they
might be able to motivate them to offer tidbits for the other fans. I
guess it's called a community... ;-).

Wouldn't you love to create characters, adventure hooks and so on to
be published on the "official" website? Under d20 everything is
possible I guess (precluding that you would offer all rights to
Pinnacle for free)?

And lastly, my point wasn't to be taken as "what is keeping them
_right now_". I was aiming for a more general meaning. Pinnacle does
have my utmost respect for their work and their willingness to risk
buying it back. I really love the products (yes, we are itching here
to get Weird Wars).

BTW: Fantasy Flight Games might have grown somewhat larger
(Diskwars?), but I was really impressed by their "rants". Somebody from
the office does a tidbit every day. Now thats fun to read and
captivates fans (it does with me).

Regards,

Arne Reuter

--
TSE GmbH Neue Medien, Hovestr.14, 48351 Everswinkel
Tel: +49 2582 66180            FAX: +49 2582 661833