Re[2]: [WW] Names

Hi!

Arg!

Am Samstag, 28. Juli 2001, 00:58:55, schrieben Sie:

> Alta Vista has Babelfish, http://www.altavista.com

> You can take something like House of Rubber Monkeys, run it through the
> English to German translator and get Haus der Gummifallhammer.

> Now if Gummifallhammer doesn't sound like a good, dark and evil place, I
> don't know what does.

I have never even heard of that word (if it exists, it would be highly
technical - rubber fall hammer).

If in need for names (other than movies) go for books like Erich Maria
Remarques "Nothing new on the western front" (its wwI, i know) or Lothar
Guenther Buchheims "Das Boot".

Apart from that take this list for Germans:

Kaufmann (any name you know with a "man" at the end - just add another
"n" ;-))
Mueller
Schulze
Langer
Reiter
Koch
Becker
Linden
Koehler
Feldmann
Meier (or Meyer or Maier, or Mayer ;-))
Stein
Hartmann
Dietz
Wimmer
Spinner
Armbrecht
Rudolph
Nothelfer
Korff
Alt
Weisshaar
Haas
Krafft

For Christian Names (male):

Wilhelm
Karl
Heinz
Hans
Otto
Lutz
Klaus
Egon
Max(imilian)
Georg
Albert
Adolf
Heinrich
Rolf
Wulf

female:

Elisabeth
Maria
Ilse
Helene
Gabi
Hilde (or Hilda)
Anna
Karin

I hope that helps for starters.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen,

Arne Reuter

--
TSE GmbH Neue Medien, Hovestr.14, 48351 Everswinkel
Tel: +49 2582 66180            FAX: +49 2582 661833