Re: Re: [WW] Quality of Soldiers in World War II

True - I under-specified my comments.  If my memory serves, the information I referenced comes from Stephen Ambrose's "Citizen Soldiers," (an excellent book, by the way), which was about the campaigns following D-Day and thus primarily dealt with the German Army in a defensive mode.

Regards,
Chris