RE: [WW] OK, they're off the beach. Now what?

You should try to probe your players to learn what they expect from the game. I
know some people who would be disappointed if there wasn't at least a little bit
of weirdness in the weird wars. But if they like the squad-level roleplaying
concept, I'd say go for it - until they get comfortable and you hit them in the
face with a squad of Werwolfs! =)

I, for instance, am going for weird science for the first few sessions. The SS
bad guy is more of a blood alchemist (I have yet to stat him up, so I don't know
what class I am going to use for him) with a unit of chemically altered
gas-breathing soldiers (I really liked that Venom picture on the Castle
Wolfenstein website =) He will put them aboard modified V1s and drop them onto
Isigny to initiate a counter attack on D-Day+3.

The only supernatural element I have is a Doppelgänger spy who almost destroyed
the Bayeux/St Lô Résistance cells before D-Day and is now working his way up the
American chain of command.

I decided that Doppelgängers are an ancient/alien race with an agenda beyond the
Third Reich - somehow linked with Thulé and Hollow Earth, I think.

Like the bocage elemental idea, BTW. Consider it stolen ;)

	-thunk