[WW] Re: Lightning & Nukes

Sorry if I spoiled Lightning for anyone. The idea is
fantastic - the most gamable way of handling time
travel I have seen but the 300 round Uzis made me lose
faith completely in the author. His Nazi were rather
fun though. The book is worth reading, once.

Germany went down the wrong path in nuclear weapons, I
think Hesinberg was to blame (or thank!), but for this
they could probably have managed it.

The are several non-fiction books of interest on the
topic of the Nazi bomb. One is about Hesinenberg the
German physicist who would have headed up their bomb
program. The other is about the possibility of a
really horrible weapon. V2s loaded with radioactive
that could have irradiated much of England. German
physicists could not make a bomb, but they could
produce radioactive junk to make this workable.
Sorry no titles, both were library books.

Apparently after the war they had several German
physicists staying at a British manor house for
interrogation. When they found out that the American's
(with everybodies physicists) had used an atomic bomb
they worked out, in a matter of hours, where they had
gone wrong and how to make one.

Has anyone seen the documentary about the 'freakshow'
aircraft in development for the Luftwaffe at the end
of the war? One was a huge Amerikabomber and they have
a cute animation of one nuking New York.

I picked up a book a while back about some of the
stranger aircraft designs, I am starting to suspect
some of the designers were on acid.

Michael