Re: [WW] Army Men

"Jaime T. Matthew" wrote:

> >          Stupid Question.
> > I'm getting my game geared up and while this sounds like a no-brainer,
> > is anyone else planning on or already using the classic plastic  Army
> > Men as minitures? I picked up a big bag with a couple of scaled tanks
> > thown in. Should be perfect for  squad battles.
>
> Not so stupid. I bought two of those same bags (with the tanks) from
> Walmart for $2.00 each. Too good to pass up.

Sad thing is trying to find simple army men around here, San Antonio.
Its a pain. Me and my friend Mike traveled all over the city looking for
them until finally some were discovered in a bucket in Walmart. We
actually got to exercise our "In my day" old man gripe at the difficulty
of finding them. They weren't the good ones, they had WWII uniforms but
appear to be carrying M-16s? But they did the job. We used 108 of them
to simulate the D-Day landing across our living room to start the Weird
Wars game. It was a blast. Literally. Penny and Nickel Artillery and
poker chips were all over. May be able to get some pictures of it up on
a site soon.
	The funny thing was, that while driving across country from Texas to
California to catch a flight, (don't ask) I found a great set in a truck
stop of all places. WWII right down to Garands and Radios. And better
molds.   Who Knew.

--
David Heth
"Those are the tools of Satan!"