Re: [WW] Dog Handlers, a Return.

>From: Soothsprayer <hercubadger@yahoo.com>
>Subject: [WW]  Dog Handlers, a Return.

>A while back someone was talking about dog handlers in
>WW II.
>
>This article deals with Vietnam rather than WW II but
>it does relate skills and mannerisims which can be
>back-engineered to Weird Wars. Even better, the
>article mentions Kiwiland in a favourable light.
>
>I'd call a Dog Handler in such a manner as a
>derivation of the Scout prestege class. Far more
>training than allowed in the generic Grunt class.
>
>Wrt:
>http://www.thehistorynet.com/vietnam/articles/2001/1001_1text.htm
--------------------------------
i found this page over at QM. it really gives a nice history and maybe some
ideas on the use of dogs in the service. i think i'm gonna hafta find some
fun use for them. it should be noted that more then just sheppards were
used. strays of all kinds were used by different nations and the germans
also used weimeraners as guard/stalk dogs (lived around them for over 20
years-great family pets).

http://www.qmfound.com/War_Dogs.htm

i'm all kewhl about them. rock and roll...

...the rich
"you know you shouldn't smoke. it's not good for you."
"it's ok. i only smoke after sex."
"well that's good."
" 'bout a pack a day."
         --------->can you name that movie?