Re: [WW] The Golem and Grenades

>>The only way to take the clay golem in "The Golem" down seems to be fire.
>>  A flamethrower, molotov cocktail, or the fire damage from grenades will
>>eventually do the trick.  My question is: How much fire damage do
>>grenades do? Is it half piercing and half fire per DMG164?
>>
>Actually your forgetting a rocket Launcher.  That would do damage as well.
>I'd also rule that a large cannon(like one on a tank) would also do damage.
>
>Dan

Another old trick is to grab a German Motorcycle, Drive it at the
creature/MG Nest/Ect., drop off of it, letting it skid at the target (Or
drive on if it has a sidecar), and toss a grenade at it (Or use an oily rag
in the gas tank if you have time).  Not only do you have bludgoning damage,
you also have fire, and you get to destroy a piece of Nazi War Materiel as
well!!!  You win all around!!!

'Course, you then couldn't use said motorbike for yourself, but, eh, can't
have everything.

You could also do this with a Kubelwagen if you're fresh out of German
Motorbikes with Sidecars.  Like that's ever going to happen.  (Captain
America and Bucky always seemed to be able to find 'em!!!).

Additionally, don't forget enviroment.  If the thing is next to a rickety
building, and you got a grenade discharger (Either the one mentioned for US
Troops, a German one, or the Mills Bomb Discharger that fits onto all
British .303 rifles), use that on the building.  Have the big stone wall
crash onto the creature.  (If lacking grenades, have someone set a satchel
charge next to a building, and do a retreat so that it goes under said wall.
  Discharge and destroy.).

Or, again, have a floor that's just BARELY holding the creature up?  Shoot
the floor with the MG/BAR/MP44/Grenade/Whatever and weaken it some more,
*Crash*.

Just shooting at something directly isn't the only way to deal with it.
Sometimes you have to work around something to do it.

And, if the Players are not smart enough to figure that out, maybe the next
troops from the rear with their fancy fresh uniforms will.

Ray.

PS:  Sorry...  The "Mills Bomb" was the knickname for the British Frag
Grenade.  Some rifles (Either the SMLE Mk. 3, later named the SMLE No. 1, or
the SMLE No. 4.) were issued with cup dischargers on 'em that would let the
shooter fire the hand grenade.  Unlike other discharged grenades, it will
not go off on impact, but after 2-3 seconds.  BUT you could get better
distance with 'em!

PPS:  SMLE Mk. 3/No. 1 was the WWI Issue Rifle, considered superior to the
WWII SMLE NO. 4 by most experienced troops.  Mostly this was due to the
"Rushed" method that they were produced, and the new sighting system that
was easier to learn with.  In actuality, they pretty much had the same
accuracy, as the Bolt Action was still the same.  The sight was easier to
learn, but some felt that they could get better accuracy with the old style.
  In other words, with a scope, they're pretty much the same gun.  (Maybe
let the SMLE Mk.3/No.1 be considered the "Masterwork" version of the rifle
for system useage, as it wasn't a war-required mass produced weapon...  If
you REALLY need a reason to separate 'em.).