[WW] Ultimates comic #1

I recently picked up issue 1 of "The Ultimates". #1 is a flashback to 1945 where Captain America and a load of paratroopers are assaulting a secret Nazi rocket base on Iceland.
This is a new interpretation of the 'Avengers' so while Cap is still a super-soldier now he's decked out in more military gear, one of the soldiers disparages Cap as a 'clown in a circus outfit' (until he gets to see him in action) and the visuals of the assault (by Byran Hitch & Andrew Currie) invoke scenes from the beach landing of SPR. The series itself is based in modern times but hopefully we might get some more flashbacks to some of Cap's wartime missions.

Mike Nolan.

"Of the events of the war, I have not ventured to speak from any chance information, nor according to any notion of my own. I have described nothing but what I saw myself, or learned from others of whom I have made the most careful and particular inquiry".
   Thucydides, Peloponnesian War.

"I've just jazzed mine up a little".
   Spike Milligan. WWII.