Re: [WW] Future Lines

[I'm resending this privately, as I was initially an idiot, and
accidentally sent my reply to your post to the Weird Wars lists. I would
suspect the only damage done is to my reputation as a reasonably
intelligent individual, though I can only hope that the mis-post doesn't
affect any shot I might have at the following:]

> The Crusades is one I've talked about for a while--just don't have anyone

> actually working on it just yet.

Meaning you are looking for a writer? Or you have a writer or writers in
mind, and just haven't set them to working on it yet?

I'm sure you can guess why I'm curious, but to elaborate a bit:

For my money the Crusades are perhaps the most interesting wars of their
era, largely due to the tremendous cultural differences between the two
sides, as well as the religious aspect (or, arguably, the exploitation of
religious fervor to aid prosecution of the wars). The circumstances were
compounded not only by the lack of understanding between the two sides, but
by the lack of the *possiblity* for understanding, barring tremendous
effort.

While I cannot claim to be an *expert* on the period - certainly not to the
degree that Mr. McGlothlin can on his Civil War material - I can claim that
I have a good working knowledge of the period, as well as a healthy
background in comparative theology. What I don't know can be pretty easily
filled in by a few sessions at the library.

If you'd care to discuss the matter further, you know where to reach me. ;)

Or if you'd rather, I'm going to be at GAMA with TWG this year. I'm fairly
certain I can make time to discuss the project, if you so desire.

Thanks for your attention,

B. D. Flory
Freelance Writer/Editor

"No good opera plot can be sensible, for people do not sing when they are
feeling sensible."
                                                         -W.H. Auden