Re: [WW] A question that probably has been asked before...

On Wed, 13 Mar 2002 22:06:22 EST PEGShane@aol.com writes:
> In a message dated 3/13/2002 9:01:07 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> allensh@yahoo.com writes:
>

> > I am getting ready to run my first session of Weird
> > War Two and I was looking over the pregenerated
> > characters in Hell In The Hedgerows, and I was
> > wondering; do they get all of the benefits of being
> > human as listed in the Player's Handbook, which is 4
> > extra skill points at 1st level, 1 extra at 2nd+
> > level, and an extra Feat at 1st level? It seems that
> > maybe these characters didn't get that, but I'm not
> > sure.
> >
> > Allen
>
> They do.
>
> Shane

Really? Look at the first character of the bunch: Officer Holiday.

Somehow he received 30 hit points from 3d8+3.

He should have Fort +2, not +4.

He should have Rank plus four other feats (plus weapon and armor
proficiencies.) He only has two other feats.

He has 36 skill points to spend. He spent 39 skill points.
Bluff (cross class skill): 3 ranks = 6 skill points
Diplomacy : 3
Hide: 4
Intimidate: 5
Leadership: 6
Move Silently: 4
Search: 4
Sense Motive: 2
Spot: 5

And that's only one character.There's five others, plus NPCs, bad guys,
and so on.

The point of all this is that like almost every other publisher of d20
material out there, PEGs d20 products have errors in their d20 material.
Why they do not access the legions of D&D players out there to proof read
this stuff is completely beyond me.  i'd personally do this kind of work
for free, and i'm sure i'm not the only one.

The point of this diatribe Allen is that yes, humans get all the racial
benefits in WW that they did in D&D, but errors are common, so keep your
eyes peeled.  On the other hand, most of the errors are the kinds of
things only a WM would notice, so if you don't care to play d20 Auditor
the material still runs just fine.

Happy Gaming, =)

screenmonkey

The above space is provided to help protect you from the annoying
advertisement that follows:

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.