Re: [WW] Wehrmacht Sniper

On Mon, 1 Apr 2002 03:19:34 +0100 "Harvester" <Harvester@btinternet.com>
writes:
> I'm guessing this has probably come up here before, but it's not in
> the
> errata.

i think so, i don't remember an official word on it though.  It does
bring up a good point though, and that is that like every other non-WotC
d20 publisher, PEG's d20 stuff is loaded with d20 related errors.

> What exactly is the Crackshot ability, it says see the
> Sniper
> template, but I can't see it there either.

That's what you call a non-d20 related error. =)  i don't know what the
official word is, these problems are apparently too minor to be commented
on by the PEG guys (i imagine they're a pretty busy bunch), but for my
campaign i just ignored the bit about "Crackshot."  My guess is that it
started as a sniper ability and then evolved and name changed into the
general Deadeye feat somewhere along the line.  The other option would be
to bump the sniper up a level and give him the Marksman feat.

> Also aren't the CR and
> the Attack
> statistics wrong, the attack stats would actually preclude the
> character
> from being a sniper.

Yep.  CR should be 6, attack stats should be +10/+4 (+11/+5 within 30'),
his AC should be 14, Fort should be +7, and so on...

> Well just looking for some clarifications

David, i hope that was some help.  Personally, i'd be willing to
proofread the d20 portions of future products in an effort to prevent
these inevitable errors. Would anybody else on the list be willing to do
such a thing? The d20 system is a skill that must be practiced to get
right and i think that the d20 crowd that PEG is trying to tap with WW is
going to be put off by these kinds of headaches.

i hope i'm wrong.  i love their stuff.

Happy Gaming, =)

screenmonkey

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!