Re: [WW] Hell Freezes Over: The Russian Front... and other stuff.

This is straight from what John Hopler sent me and the other WW authors:

Weird War Equipment
Armor Stats
Armor: Armor ratings are based on their real-life values in millimeters. Take the armor's thickness in millimeters, divide it by the cosine of its slope angle to find its effective thickness, and then round to the nearest 5 millimeters.

Vehicle weapons: All vehicle weapons have a range increment of 200 yards for direct fire. The damage rating for AP rounds is based on the weapon's actual penetration (in mm) at 100 meters. Pick a die type and number of dice based on the progression found in the Weird Wars book.  Then look at the weapon's penetration. Subtract the average damage die roll from the weapon's real life penetration to find its PV (round to the nearest 5mm). This means on an average roll, the round penetrates the same amount of armor as in real life. To find the amount by which penetration is reduced by range, subtract the weapon's penetration at 2000m from its penetration at 100m and divide by 10. This gives the amount by which PV is reduced per range increment.

The Pak 43, for example penetrates 220mm of armor at 100m and 157 at 2000m. A damage rating of 8d12 does an average damage of 52. Subtracting 52 from 220, gives a PV of 168, rounded up to 170. Subtracting 157 from 220 gives a change in penetration of 63mm over 2000 yards. Dividing this by 10, gives a loss of penetration of 6mm per 200 yard range increment.

Aircraft
Aircraft are a bit more subjective. I had problems finding hard data on aircraft armor, so the armor values in the book were my best guess based on how tough I knew the aircraft was reputed to be and how well I felt it should stand up to average machine gun damage. The speed modifier to AC is +1 per every 50 miles per hour of top speed.

SOrry it isn't more specific!

Shane