RE: [WW] XP Award for starting characters

I hesitate to award exp for character background.  What you are doing is rewarding the kind of role playing style you like (this is always a good thing), and discouraging the role play style you don't like.

Characters with more motivation and background get more Role-play time (which is what they want) and those without get less (which is generally what they want).

Of course, I raise everyone every three sessions (that they attend) anyway.

My philosophy is different.  I will have to consider your suggestion, though.  A way to encourage more roleplaying is always good.  But, I might implement the reward system differently.  Something to think about...

Thanks for the idea!