Re: [WW] Shane & others: WW questions!

I'm going to make some assumptions :)  Feel free to argue.

"Cpt. Canuck" wrote:
> Does the DFA skill/feat listings take precedence over the BOTR
> listings?  eg. Navigation.

Yes.

> Observation & Assessment + Wireless telegraphy.... Are the class skill
> listings correct from AK or LOTRD?  Or add both together?

Add both together.

> Is Wireless Telegraphy a class skill for Sailors?  The skill doesn't
> list sailors but the class lists the skill.

It's a class skill for sailors.

> Can these skills be used untrained:  Boat & Ship piloting, Demolitions,
> Driving, Entrench, Firefighting, Leadership, Mechanic, Navigation,
> Observation & Assessment, Piloting, Prayer, Torpedo?

I'm not sure here.  For example, I don't see why a person couldn't take
over for a dead pilot while in the air and maybe even land it at -4 to
ability roll or something.  Taking off I'd say NO.  So perhaps they're a
circumstance thing.  Or for those you're not sure of, just give them
-4.  For prayer... is it even of ANY use at all for non Chaplains?

> Sailor and Scout have first aid listed as a class skill.  Is this
> interchangeable with the Heal skill?

Until I hear otherwise I shall assume First Aid and Heal are the same
thing.

> Is Heal a cross-class skill for the Medic?  Or because of Combat
> Medeicine, should I put an X in the heal spot for Medics?

I think it must still be a class skill, but a foolish one to take when
combat medicine is simply an improved version.  For simplicity's sake I
might put an X on it on my skill list for Medics though.

> Is Entrench a cross-class skill for the opfficer, medic, pilot, sailor
> (making it a class skill for grunt, scout, resistance)?

Makes some sense.  So yes.

> Is Observation & Assessment a cross-class skill for Grunt, Medic, Pilot,
> Sailor (class skill for scout, officer, resistance)?

I think a Pilot should have this as a class skill too.  Maybe even a
Medic.

> Is Prayer a cross-class skill for all the basic classes (grunt, scout,
> officer, medic, sailor, pilot, resistance)?

Might be a moot point if its useless to all but Chaplain.

> Is Speak Language a cross-class skill for all the basic classes (grunt,
> scout, officer, medic, sailor, pilot, resistance)?

Unless anyone knows it's part of the training for any of those classes,
I guess no.  Profiteers and spies would have it.

> Is Wireless Telegraphy a cross-class skill for the medic and pilot?

Apparently.

Cap