[WW] PayPal Orders

Hi folks,

I've had a series of lost orders lately that have been driving me bonkers. After several periods with tech support verifying there was nothing wrong with out store, we finally figured out what has been happening.

If you order from the online store and use PayPal to pay, you have to make sure you hit the Continue Button rather than simply closing the window. Otherwise, PayPal will take your money (yay me) but your order won't be sent to the system (boo me).

When you order online from us, you will get an order receipt both from PayPal AND from the "Smith & Robards" online store. (If you pay by credit card you only get one receipt.) If you DON'T get those receipts within an hour or so (depending on your email server), there was a problem.

By the way, let me put in a good word for our fulfillment partners at Kentucky Fulfillment Center in Knoxville, TN, who handles all our shipping. They do an *excellent* job and I wanted to commend them for it. 9 times out of 10 your order goes out within one day and you'll receive it in a week (in the US, of course). (We officially say 2-4 weeks though just to protect ourselves.) If there's a holdup, it's almost *always* on my end because some part of your order is on backorder (usually the Lost Colony Companion or miniatures, which we resupply as needed rather than having a huge backstock like our regular books).

That means you've got plenty of time to order for Christmas, and I recommend doing so soon as the Last Sale Ever! is really hitting the backstock hard. Doomtown or Bust has now sold out and a mess of other books are on the "endangered species list." ;)

Shane Hensley
Pinnacle/GWG