[werewolf] new role?

I know that nobody is allowed to suggest new role
until bite gets implemented :-), but here goes...

I was reading the rules to Werewolves of Miller's
Hollow: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/925 and cam
accross the role of hunter.  The hunter gets to name
someone to shoot if he gets eaten during the night.

Now we have options they don't in a computer moderated
game.  Therefore I came accross some possible
variants:

1) The hunter must name in the selection phase a
player.  If he is chosen as a victim and if that
player is a WW they die.  If they are the last WW the
hunterlives.  I.e., the hunter resolves before going
to bed that if Joe shows up at his door tonight he's
toast.

2) If the WW's select the hunter, one of them chosen
at random dies.  If a single WW targets him, they die
and the hunter doesn't.

3) Probably the closest to the original rules but it
seems to me a bit awkward is to say that if the hunter
is targeted he gets another round to name someone to
shoot.

The suggested Mafia counterpart to hunter could be
Stool Pigeon (or Informant to stick to single word
roles).

Cheers,

Lyman