Re: [werewolf] Proposed theme

Can I chime in here?

Animenfo is a good site, but if you don't know WHAT you're looking for there, it sorta doesnt' do all that much good. The one place I would recommend going on that page is:

http://www.animenfo.com/statistic/top.php?type=anime

There should be SOME series on there that people MIGHT have heard of, even if they don't watch anime - like Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Dragonball Z, and such. Otherwise that at least gives a nice listing of some of the top anime (and might actually get people interested in seeing a few of them.)

Robert Barrell wrote:

Thanks, Flig. I was aware of that, but didn't want to offend or confuse anyone if there were any unwritten protocol or de facto moderators.

That said, for those who are not familiar, "anime" is the Japanese equivalent of "cartoons" (and "manga" is their equivalent of "comic books"). Even so, it is quite a different art form, and can often be much more violent and/or more "mature" (some even to to the point of "hentai" or pornography, which I would NOT recommend).

Americans who remember the "Speed Racer" cartoon of the late '60s or early '70s have seen anime (now you know why the lip-sync was always so bad for the show: it was originally in Japanese, but dubbed into English for American TV). Also, more recently, anyone who has seen the movies "Princess Mononoke" or "Spirited Away" were actually watching anime. Likewise, those who got involved in the "Pokemon" or "Yu Gi Oh" crazes had exposure to anime and manga. Finally, the Cartoon Network has been airing anime, as well.

For more information, try http://www.animenfo.com for character ideas (should enough people be interested in this as a game theme),

Oh, yeah. One more thing: "Initial D" is MUCH better than "Speed Racer" ever was, and also has an incredible soundtrack!