Re: [werewolf] Successful bite message

> Meanwhile, back at the model home, Mark Ballinger <mballinger@ballinger.cx> said:
>
> >> lyman writes:
> >>
> >> Could a successful bite be signaled by having instead
> >> of "NOBODY is missing..."  "The villagers wake to find
> >> a pool of blood..."?
> >
> > I'm leaning towards doing away with the "remaining" list for bite
> > games, and leaving "nobody died", so there is some question.
>
> Getting rid of the remaining list is fine, but if you do that, could
> you have an "initial roles" list or something so that people know what
> we started with?  Then people can extrapolate from that and the obits
> to determine approximately what is left.

I actually like the idea that the stats reflect one less of something
and one more of something else, without saying who it is. The global
message might even say, "Someone was bitten by a werewolf last night.
Who's growing more hair than usual...?"

Of course, certain groups would know when one of their number was
missing, but that's the werewolves/mafia's fault for picking such an
obvious convert. If there are more factions than just werewolves,
there has to be some rule to control reconverts. Otherwise, as soon as
the mafia loses a man to the werewolves, they can convert him back the
next night. I guess the probability rule limits that problem somewhat.