Re: [werewolf] Jailer Comments and Suggestions

Mike Fryer wrote:

I think there maybe too great an advantage to voting
last, especially if you are not voting with everyone
else. Maybe last vote loses some percentage, like 10%.
It won't hurt small votes very much, but it will hurt
any large last minute votes.

something i hadn't thought about. this "advantage" would be increased by more information. (for instance: if we knew who had the highest bribe and what it was.)

i'm not so sure that handing the jailer $10 should result in a $9 bribe. there may be a better way to balance that out.

I also don't like the $0 votes. If you don't hand the
guard at least a buck, he will ignore your request.
Minimum vote value might be a good option.

i tend to agree. there's no 0 bid in ToW.

Another option might be to have the money on players
that were not killed carry over to the next round

oooh. i (sorta) like it. but only if the money values are known. this kind of makes sense if you think about the premise.

Allow negative values for votes. Negative values would
help keep the person voted for alive. A votes D 10, B
votes D 10, C votes D -15, total votes against D would
be 5, total spent 35.
so if there's 100 on me and 90 on you, i could either spend 20 to take off my bid (leaving me at 80) or 20 to add to your bribe (so you have 110) either way, i'm safe. less useful without real time knowledge of the bids.

If you split the victim's money, do it by percentage
of vote. A votes C 180, B votes C 20, A would get 90%,
B 10% of C's remaining money.

yes and no. that takes away SOME of the disincentive to bid huge. that keeps the rich players rich.

i'm certainly willing to play test that option

Maybe change the theme to 'mob bosses paying a hitman'
that may lead to some other options that wouldn't make
sense in the jailer theme.
all interesting ideas.

has anyone ever read James Bell's Assassination Politics? he's in jail now (for stalking a federal agent)

http://www.outpost-of-freedom.com/jimbellap.htm

in a nutshell ... it's a new way to control others.

if you're not happy with what executive A is doing, you can anonymously mail anonymous cash to a blind account that is a "reward" for his death. if enough people are willing to pay (say) ten dollars each to encourage the death of (say) an oil executive, then the bounty goes up pretty quickly. then the executive has a few choices: 1) ignore it, hope for the best. 2) hire security or 3) change his "evil" ways. that could involve quitting his job, or working to bring gas prices down. 4) kill himself, and let his family collect the money!

no one actually gets paid for assassinating anyone. they get paid for "predicting the time and manner" of the target's death. this is done anonymously and involves an e-cash payment of some percentage of the bounty. then, somehow, he's able to collect anonymously.

interesting (if rambling) idea.