[DL] PT Barnum--my posse's take

My current posse is a traveling side show of sorts.  We haven't got too far
into it yet.  The played in the Fever adventure off the peg page with alot
of my own modifications and sidelines.  I like the idea of the Pinkertons
though.  Most of the players are veterans and are hunted or wanted so that
fits in nicely for some more excitement.  None of them are particularly
gifted in shooting so they have to work together and use their other
talents.  So far it has been interesting.  They get into the roleplaying of
it as well, so I am usually greatly amused.

We have an older retired gunslinger of sorts (like wild bill, just not a
very good shot) who is the shyster/ringleader for lack of a better
description.  He is also a hexslinger but he (the character) doesn't know it
and he does a good job roleplaying this so I don't have to monitor it too
much.  He has figured out one of his hexes so far, rather accidentally.

There is a voodoo woman who is kind of creepy and weird.  She does the palm
reading, etc. for the show.

We have a girl from India who is a contortionist and knows martial arts,
more for performing than combat though.

I am not sure what possessed me, but they have a white tiger as well as part
of the show and an old lazy elephant (mainly because I bought the minis at
gencon last year and wanted to use them somehow).

We have an alchemist who runs the freak show that I haven't developed too
much yet.  I am not sure what to include in it.  So far nothing in the lines
of real monsters (but that could be another adventure I think).  He has a
sidekick, Billy Boarboy, a hairy little kid he takes care of and who has
animal ken and takes care of the horses and animals (I run this NPC
sometimes and sometimes he does).

We have an Indian warrior dude who is probably the best in combat.  He has a
wolf that sort of follows them but hangs out on the outskirts as well.  I
haven't done too much with that either.

Lastly, my husband wants to play now and we are working on a metal mage for
him.  I think they are currently in Colorado (it has been like two months
since I ran my game so I can't quite remember off hand without looking it
up) so I thought he could hook up with them.  I am thinking of doing
something with Mojave rattlers since I watched tremors recently and I think
there is something on the Peg web page along that lines in Utah...

So, I think I will incorporate the Pinkertons as the group seems to sway
towards southern sympathies (vs the Texas Rangers right now)--and go from
there...I would love to start running again but we are currently playing a
fantasy game and I am digging playing in that right now...and we only play
on saturdays...

This posse was our second one since (and the old timers on the list may
remember) the first one was way out of control and killing left and right
and basically an arsenal unto themselves...so I made them make new
characters with a different focus...we play alot of cthulhu so I tried to do
something that required more thinking and less fighting and dice rolling and
it has worked out quite nicely...

lisa