[DL] a revision of one of my older F-OW entries

I decided to revise one of my earlier works.

(big letters) THE TOMBSTONE EPITAPH'S GUIDE TO THE FAR OUT WEST

First, a preface by Alastair Burtson, the editor
(this is a raw transcript. The lines in quotation marks are those of John
Clum.)

"Ehhh? What are you doing disturbing my nap! You want info on the Far Out
West? Bah, I remember the day when a 122-year-old man could sleep in peace!
No, and I don't mean 6 feet under!"

Hey! Get out of here old man!

"Ehh, let me sleep!"

Mr.Clum, this is my house! Out!

"Ohhh, fine. I'll go lapse into a coma again."

Sorry for the interruption. That was John Clum, a former editor back in the
days of the "Wierd West". As you can guess, he's now old and senile. I'm
Alastair Burtman, editor of the Tombstone Epitaph. This book in your hands is
our guide to so called "Far Out West". For more than 100 years, we've been
giving you the facts about the evil and supernatural things going on in the
world. This is our edition for the fine year of 1968.

For those who don't read this fine publication as often as you should, don't
feel threatend by our heading. We say "Beleive it or else!" as a caution to
those who don't heed our warnings about the odd things in the world. Many who
haven't now are in graveyards around the nation. So, Believe it, or Else!!

THE POLITICAL SITUATION
By Dexter Geeves

Hello one and all! My close aquatince, Mr.Burtman, has assigned me to cover
the politicval situation, and boy, is it a doozie! In case you're not in the
know like me, Barry Goldwater is President of the Confederate States of
America, and boy, is he wierd! With all his anti-communist stuff, I'm
suprised he hasn't already nuked Russia! Hubert Humphery is President in the
United States of America. Both are allied against Communism, and both are
fighting in Vietnam together. The war has been going on for a very long time,
and what if it becomes nuclear! Geez!
The elections this year should be interesting. In the South, Barry Goldwater
is up against George Wallace, the Governor from Alabama , and Lyndon Johnson,
a Democrat from Texas. In the North, Hubert Humphrey, Robert F. Kennedy and
compete for the Democratic spot, while the Republicans are struggling to find
a candidate. Bob Dole, Nelson Rockerfeller, andSpirew T. Agnew seem likely
candidates. In the Election Edition of the Epitaph, you'll find out more.
This is Dexter Geeves, signing out!

Peter Berard
The Jolly Gringo
I'm Surreal and I Float!