Re: [DL] Old Man Withers

zacharin@pluto.dsu.edu writes:

This is funny.  However, we've digressed.  What did the lot of you think of
my post about Old Man Withers?  Did it seem like I made him well, or were
there things that just don't fit?

     While I didn't watch much Scooby-Doo as a kid, I'll do the best I can.

<< Name:         Old Man Withers

 Edges and Hindrances:
 Arcane Bkgd: Mad Science (3)
 Gift of Gab (1)
 Level-Headed (5)
 The Stare (1)
 The Voice: Threatening (1)
 Geezer (-5)
 Greedy (-2)
 High-Falutin (-2)

    Why'd you give him Gift of Gab or Level-Headed? IIRC, Scooby-Doo villains
were not known for either their command of foreign languages or their crisis
management. I don't have my books with me for a complete listing of Edges,
but some of those points could go into Belongings for his various Mad Science
devices.

 Skills, Hexes, Miracles, and Favors:
 Area Knowledge: Home County (2)
 Climbing (1)
 Dinero (2)
 Disguise (6)
 Driving: Autogyro (2)
 Driving: Maze Runner (2)
 Driving: Steam Wagon (2)
 Fighting: Brawling (1)
 Language: Native Tongue (2)
 Overawe (2)
 Performing: Acting (5)
 Persuasion (2)
 Science: Biology (1)
 Science: Chemistry (2)
 Science: Engineering (2)
 Science: General (2)
 Science: Physics (1)
 Search (1)
 Sleight of Hand (2)
 Sneak (1)
 Streetwise (1)
 Tale Telling (1)
 Teamster (2)
 Tinkering (3)

     I'd advise you to make Sleight of Hand, Sneak, Search, and Climbing
quite a bit higher, as he'll need these skills to escape from the party when
they glimpse him in the midst of his nefarious deeds. Higher Area Knowledge
might be appropriate as well (Old Man Withers did operated his funhouse for
decades before it got closed down, after all).

                ---Ghoull