Re: [DL] Plot help. . . PLEASE!!!

deadbeatgames@yahoo.com writes:

<< S
 Okay, Jake, you should really stop reading now. . .

 Okay, don't say I didn't warn you . . .

 I have long been a proponent of the master theif as a good mentally
challanging villian, and my origionalplan revolved around this.  But the make
up of the posse makes this idea prohibitive.  Within the party, we have only
one "normal" human character.  We have blessed, a huckster, a harrowed, a ms,
and an enlightened martial artist.  It's hard to make the part work towards
finding and catching a thief when our blessed can simply role his 7d12 faith
and Guide his way to whatever has been stolen.

     What's the Guide power do? *****

 The second problem I have is that with the exception of our MS, none of the
characters are particularly "item" driven.  Sure, stealing Mark VIII (the
MS's robot) would motivate him . . . (sorry, got distracted there for a
minute, the news anchorman for the local FOX station just walked past my
cubical with a camera crew.  No good can come from this.) but would the
others be particularly interested in helping to chase Mark 8 down?  Also the
MS only plays on occasion, so I'd hate to hing the adventure on his
involvment and then have him no-show.

     If the thief can't steal anything that the players would want, have him
steal something that they would fear. (I've always felt that just telling
players "Your most valuable gear was stolen while you slept" is unfair,
anyway) Perhaps he could swipe a relic containing an imprisoned demon, which
he incorrectly thinks would heal a sick friend or raise a dead family member
from the hereafter if freed from its jail. Even if the characters don't want
the relic for themselves, they could still rally behind the cause of not
letting the abomination go free. Or, if you'd prefer to keep the supernatural
out of the picture altogether, he could steal a vial of smallpox or some
hideous alchemical poison mistakenly labelled as medicine.

                    ---Ghoull