Re: [DL] Chemist Equipment

> I like the idea of the reliability roll. But I'd say that I'd
> leave it at
> that, don't bother with x common chemicals, y rare, etc. Just give it
> relability rolls. Say, Common chemical 19, uncommon 15, and
> rare maybe 10 or
> less. That would keep the bookeeping easy. I would also
> stress the high cost
> of an item like that.

I did something similar to this with one of my players once - he was a MS
and wanted a 2-horse cart full of various pieces of equipment he could use
to make his gizmo's out of. He made it a level 5 belongings, so it was quite
valuable (What's 5 dinero in money? $15,000 or something like that?) and I
used almost exactly the same resolution - simple stuff rel 18, uncommon rel
15 and rare/expensive rel 12. Worked really well.

Of course, being the bastard gm from hell, I let him use it for the first
seven sessions or so and then they got caught in the huge dust-storm of the
'ticked off' adventure and I ruled most of it blew away. Ah, fun.

Brian "No, really! Your entire wagon is lifting off the ground! Are you
leaping clear or trying to stay on? It's soon going to be a loooooong way
down to the ground..." Leybourne.

.-->
"The Web brings people together because no matter what kind of a twisted
sexual mutant you happen to be, you've got millions of pals out there.
Type in 'Find people who have sex with goats that are on fire' and the
computer will say, 'Specify type of goat.'"

Brian Leybourne
brian.leybourne@airnz.co.nz
bleybourne@hotmail.com
error please notify Air New Zealand immediately. Any views expressed
necessarily reflect the views of Air New Zealand.