Re: [DL] Chemist Equipment

> > I like the idea of the reliability roll. But I'd say that I'd
> > leave it at
> > that, don't bother with x common chemicals, y rare, etc. Just give it
> > relability rolls. Say, Common chemical 19, uncommon 15, and
> > rare maybe 10 or
> > less. That would keep the bookeeping easy. I would also
> > stress the high cost
> > of an item like that.
>
> I did something similar to this with one of my players once - he was a MS
> and wanted a 2-horse cart full of various pieces of equipment he could use
> to make his gizmo's out of. He made it a level 5 belongings, so it was
quite
> valuable (What's 5 dinero in money? $15,000 or something like that?) and I
> used almost exactly the same resolution - simple stuff rel 18, uncommon
rel
> 15 and rare/expensive rel 12. Worked really well.

This is what I'm kind of doing with a snake-oil salesman in my posse.  I'm
going to allow him Professional: Snake Oil Salesman rolls to determine
whether or not he has something on his cart.  Of course, i'm going to make
some of the TN's at Friggin' Impossible (whatever number I feel like)
difficulty.

Nick "watching Citizen Kane for the first time right now" Zachariasen

President
Corporate Communications
Entropy Gradient Reversals