Re: [DL] Now I need plot help too!

<<Ok, my group the other night found themselves in denver, where the pink
of the party reported in for the first time in a long time.  The
majority of the party had decided that they were gonna go out west to
the maze, and I needed a way to keep the pink with them... so I told him
to go to Salt Lake City (the posse's next stop for) guard duty.  Now I
need suggestions as to who/what he could guard that would be worthy of
him needing the whole posse to help him.  It can be something that would
lead him further into the maze... but not necessary.

Thanks in advance (especially to ghoul... who I am sure will come up
with something especially terrifying... hint hint) to everyone.  BTW
this is a pretty tough bunch of hombre's who can handle quite a bit of
stuff (8 players... 1 undead cowboy, 1 partial martial artist, 1 mad
scientist, 1 full blown martial artist, 1 stage cowboy from BE, 1 voodoo
ist, 1 pink agent, and 1 blessed monster hunter.

Dirk "why do I say things without thinking?" R.>>

Well, given the Pinkertons' reputation for withholding information, the
item could have some sort of dark secret/curse.  A few ideas... 1) The item
causes the bearer to slowly become extremely possessive of it.  Over time,
he grows more and more paranoid, constantly checking on the item.  He
becomes wary and suspicious, certain everyone is out to steal his "prize".
Now, what if when he arrives in Salt Lake City, he is to take it to the
Maze and give it to another agent or some creepy NPC you come up with.
Will he be able to break free of the curse and obey his superiors?  Or will
the twisted item claim his very soul?  2) What if instead of an item he
guard, it is instead a person?  This opens a completely different can of
grave worms.  The guardee could serve as an adventure hook to get your
posse into the Maze or as a complete adventure himself.  Maybe he's hunted
by something that's coming for him... soon. Perhaps he carries the
aforementioned item which the posse must deliver, and will not part with
it.  3)Continueing that line of thought, what if upon arriving in Salt Lake
City, the item had been stolen?  The thief's trail could lead right to the
Maze...

-Thomas "Bad posse.  No donut." Mayfield

I did not have sexual relations with that woman!