Re: [DL] Please read if you have submitted anything recently [OT]

> Shane here. I had a huge hard drive failure and lost everything. If you've
> sent in a proposal in the last few months, you should send it again.
>
> I know for a fact that I lost the proposal sent in by Gus Gustaverson and
Jay
> Kyle.
>
> I also lost all my online address books so I have no other way of
notifying
> them.

One word, one symbol, four letters, one more word: burner+CD-RWs=backup.

Zip drives have horrible value compared to burners.  Don't even bother
looking at one, not even the Zip 250s.  You can get a decent burner for
probably $100 more than you can ge a Zip drive.  Just make sure you make
regular backups.  If you get a Hewlett-Packard (which I recommend- they're
the best out there) you can make a restoration CD that you can use to
restore your hard drive to the state it was in when you made the CD (well,
it'll probably take more than one CD).  I'd recommend CD-RWs for this.

Nick "backup is good- so VERY good..." Zachariasen

President
Corporate Communications
Entropy Gradient Reversals