Re: [DL] WWI and Deadlands

1) If you haven't already, read parts I & III of the
series: How Few Remain (I) and Walk in Hell (III)

2) What would they be doing? Thinking of the
characters...

SPOILER (from the book, just go to the next email if
you haven't read the series yet and plan to):

Cincinatus: maybe they're being cargo haulers?

Cap'n Kidde 'n' crew: they're in the Pacific (or, in
state at end of Walk in Hell, which I won't spoil for
you)? Limited control of "destiny" and battles.

Morell? They're in ... desert, hospital, office,
Canada, ...

Front lines, a'la Chester Martin? Maybe. Good if you
plan on killing 'em. (see L5R "battle" [not skirmish]
rules).

Paul Mantarakis, Gordon McSweeny, Cunningham, Pinkard,
Barlett, etc: see Martin.

Now, George Enos (read the 2nd book to complete his
tale) could be interesting. As could Tom Kennedy
(although you never get his POV directly). Maybe
Semphrochs, similiar to Kennedy. Maybe even Dowling's
tale. Featherson, McGregor, and Galtier: also maybe

Anne Colleton: probably not.

Scipio: perhaps, but really depends.

Phew... who did I forget?

--- Stephen Jacobs <cbazaar@pcpartner.net> wrote:
> I just got done reading Harry Turtledove's The Great
> War: American Front
> and I have decided to begin a campaign Based off of
> a Deadlands version
> of that setting.
> Does anyone have any suggestions.

=====
The always backlogged Michael Shindler, ICQ #13820058
"What training? We sat around, drank coffee, and watched women's tennis" - Squirtle on _Norm_
http://members.xoom.com/martin_etc/links.htm
v3.12 GU d+(-) s+:- a--- c++ w++ PS+ R+ tv+ b++ DI++++, D, G, e-, r--