[DL] I have a question

Hi everyone.

I have been wondering about this question for a long
time now, but I've been holding off on asking 'till I
got the second edition Players Guide. (I know, it's
been out a long time now, but I live in Belgium and my
store only got it recently !)

The question is about Hucksters (by far my favorite
AB). In the old rules, Hucksters had to put creation
points in every Hex they wanted to use. I've seen (and
made) Hucksters that were real monsters even when
using this creation method. (Hucksters with a bunch of
Hexes at a high (3-5) level and some fightin' skills
to top it off.)

To keep things fun for me and the rest of the Posse, I
came up with a house rule. At any given time, the
maximum number of Hexes a Huckster can have cannot
exceed their level in Academia : Occult. Also, they
can, in total, have no more levels in all their Hexes
than twice their level in Academia : Occult. This
keeps 'em a little in check, and keeps them frow
blowing everything away before the other characters
can even go for their guns.

Now, as I understand it, in the new rules they have
only one skill they need for every Hex they cast :
Hexslingin' .
In my opinion, this is going to make Hucksters (even
more) powerful !!!

As an example, you'll find here 3 versions of a
Huckster.

Version 1 : original Pinnacle rules
-----------------------------------
COGNITION 2D12
KNOWLEDGE 3D10
 Academia Occult 4
SMARTS 4D12
 Gamblin' 3
MIEN 3D6
SPIRIT 1D10
 Guts 4

DEFTNESS 2D8
 Shootin' Pistol 4
NIMBLENESS 4D10
 Dodge 3
 Horse Ridin' 2
STRENGTH 2D4
QUICKNESS 3D8
VIGOR 2D6

Hindrances : 10 points (don't recall which exactly)
Edges : AB 3, Dinero 2, VotWW 0

Hexes :
 Soul Blast 5
 Soul Burst 5
 Vittles 4
 Shadow Man 5
 Shadow Walk 5

Version 2 : My house-rule.
--------------------------

COGNITION 2D12
 Search 3
KNOWLEDGE 3D10
 Academia Occult 4
 Language French 2
 Language Spanish 2
SMARTS 4D12
 Gamblin' 3
MIEN 3D6
 Overawe 3
SPIRIT 1D10
 Guts 4

DEFTNESS 2D8
 Shootin' Pistol 4
NIMBLENESS 4D10
 Dodge 3
 Horse 2
 Sneak(1) 4
STRENGTH 2D4
QUICKNESS 3D8
 Quick Draw 3
VIGOR 2D6

Edges : AB 3, Dinero 2, VotWW 0
Hindrances : 10 points

Hexes :
 Soul Blast 3
 Vittles 1
 Shadow Man 2
 Shadow Walk 2

Version 3 : New rules.
----------------------
COGNITION 2D12
 Search 4
KNOWLEDGE 3D10
 Academia Occult 4
 Language Native(2) 3
 Language French 3
 Language Spanish 3
 Area Knowledge Home(2) 4
SMARTS 4D12
 Gamblin' 5
MIEN 3D6
 Overawe 4
SPIRIT 1D10
 Guts 5

DEFTNESS 2D8
 Shootin' Pistol 5
NIMBLENESS 4D10
 Dodge 5
 Horse 2
 Sneak(1) 3
STRENGTH 2D4
QUICKNESS 3D8
 Quick Draw 3
VIGOR 2D6

 Hexslingin' 5

Edges : AB 3, Dinero 2, VotWW 0
Hindrances : 10 points.

Hexes : Since this dude has a copy of Hoyle's Book of
Games, he can now learn each and every Hex in there at
a level of 5 at once !!

Anyone share my concern in this new system ? I think
it will be VERY hard to control the Hucksters in any
game this way !!!!

Thanks for your opinions guys !

Dark "AAAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH It's a Huckster !!!!" Man