Re: [DL] 5 Deck of Cards

In a message dated 1/11/00 4:42:12 AM Eastern Standard Time,
max.trebilcock@virgin.net writes:

<< Hi List,
 Ghoull I'm wondering if you can wrap your creative talents around this
 idea, Brian has sent me an idea for a Relic found within the Museum.
 A deck of cards with 5 Suits the fifth being Monoliths, I intend to give
 these to my hexslinger but want something particularly unique about the
 Cards in terms of what they do. >>

     When this deck of cards is used to cast hexes, you don't use the normal
backlash tables when the character draws a joker. Instead, a fifteen foot
tall crudely carved obelisk with mysterious runes on it emerges from the
ground nearby. Seems like a pretty sweet deal, right? Wrong. These obelisks
are beacons for the supernatural, drawing in abominations and empowering them
with black magic. Although the characters may not realize it at first, by
using this deck they are doing a great service to the armies of the night.
Furthermore, if enough of the obelisks are raised the characters may wind up
awakening a terrible monster which will come to reclaim the cards.

                    ---Ghoull