Re: [DL] I have a question

In a message dated 1/11/00 4:02:45 AM Eastern Standard Time,
d_a_r_k_m_a_n_9876@yahoo.com writes:

> Hexslingin' 5
>
>  Edges : AB 3, Dinero 2, VotWW 0
>  Hindrances : 10 points.
>
>  Hexes : Since this dude has a copy of Hoyle's Book of
>  Games, he can now learn each and every Hex in there at
>  a level of 5 at once !!

True, but he'll only start with 5 hexes at that level (you get one hex for
every level in hexslingin' at character creation). After that, he must spend
5 Bounty Points for each hex he wants to learn. True, it's cheaper than the
old system--but it ain't free. ;-)

All in all, we've tried to bring each Arcane Background's mechanics closer to
the others. Blessed have had the easiest row to hoe for a while, and rather
than make things tougher on them, we've made the others easier. That's why
the other ABs now have a central "arcane" skill (Hexslingin', Mad Science,
Ritual)--to make their mechanics and progression a little less...clunky.

The card-draw and backlash rules still make a huckster's success less than
certain, though. ;-)

John Goff