Re: [DL] Ghoul, I need your help again (involving one of your ideas)

Dirk,

BTW - Mild Spoilers for those of you who aren't Marshals!!!

Seems to me they have the artifact in their hands already!  While he lived,
Lo Pan knew secrets of the Recokoning, and it drove him to insanity.
Unbeknowst to himself, he began to mumble all the time.  And the things he
mumbled were secrets of the Reckoning itself.  Even now, his pickled corpse
spews out secrets - tales of horror that spook even the gritiest cowpoke.

In fact, the agency learned of Lo Pan power because a harrowed knew of the
Star Chamber.  He knew how to gain access, and the weaknesses of several of
the agents guarding the chamber.  It turns out the harrowed had stayed in a
room at an inn next to the pickled remains of Lo Pan.  During the night, Lo
Pan whispered certain secrets of the area to the sleeping dead.  He did not
sllep easy that knight, but when he awoke, he knew all about the Agency, and
what they were up to in the Star Chamber.  He set about defending the
Agency's good work there.

Unfortunately, when the Manatou inside the harrowed gained full dominion, it
decided to put such a dangerous area (for manatous) out of existence.
Thankfully, due to the heroics of certain agency members, whos names must
remain unmentioned, the rouge harrowed was stopped.  And in the Chamber the
harrowed told how he came by his knowledge.

No wonder the agency wants his body back.

Power:

Anyone who listens for one night will get a level of Accademia: Occult.  The
listener must simply make an Accademia: Occult roll with a TN of (2 times
thier current level) + 1.  So if you have a Occult level of 1 you must make
a roll with a TN of 3.  In other words, the more you know, the harder it is
to hear something new.

In addition, Lo Pan tends to talk about things in his vicinity.  So
Marshall, drop your adventure hooks here.  If the posse is stumped on how to
defeat an abomination there is a chance Lo Pan will mention its weakness.
Lo Pan has an occult roll of 6d12+2.  So it is likely he will know.  Now the
posse just has to stay up all night and listen.

Taint:

Something so powerfull does not come for free.  First off, whatever Lo Pan
speaks of, he describes in horrific tones.  Increase the Fear Level of the
area / item / person he descibes by 1 or to a minimum of 3, whichever is
higher.  This only happens if someone listens to him.  Resisting temptation
requires resisting an Overawe attempt from Lo Pan himself (4d8.)

Secondly, if Lo Pan is not kept under wraps, he will do his own Tale
Tellin'.  When left near unsuspecting persons (say in the Saloon, while the
posse takes a drink) Lo Pan begins his Tale.  His aparition rises from the
cask, requiring an immediate TN (7) Guts check.  If  anyone is still around,
he tells of the horros of the Reckoning.

Lo Pan has a Tale Tellin' of 5d8.  If he is successful, treat this the same
as the posse going bust on a Tale Tellin' roll.  If he fails, there is no
change to the fear level (other than the change he normally has on the area
- see above.)  If he goes bust, well he just helped the Posse get along.

Also, he has the black magic power of Stun at level 4. (Faith of 3d10)  The
trappings are a spray of paralyzing brine.

Marshal, here's a great opportunity to isolate your posse.  Who the hell
wants to hang around with a bunch of kooks carring around a fear spreadin',
pickled juice sprayin', ugly as sin corpse.