Re: [DL] Mood Music

> The Oompa Loompas got me thinking (I'm sure you can smell wood burning :-)
> Using the technique of contrast, one can turn any carefree, innocent thing
> into something to really scare the posse.  I havn't been able to get my
> grubby little hands on any of the PEG CDs, but with a little creative
> mixing and a CD burner, one can have great fun with lullaby melodies.  Put
> lots of bass in the background- just like the intro to Korn's "Dead Bodies
> Everywhere".  Anybody have suggestions for existing CDs fer background
music?

Well, here are the that I put on one myself- I titled the thing "Deadlands:
Songs Ta Shoot Thangs By":

General Western feel
Bon Jovi- Wanted: Dead or Alive; Blaze of Glory
Lenny Kravitz: Are You Gonna Go My Way (from MTV's Unplugged Collecton Vol.
1)
Kenny Rogers: The Gambler
Guns N' Roses: You Ain't The First
The Beatles: Rocky Racoon
Kiss: A World Without Heroes
Weezer: Dukes of Hazzard theme

Mississippi Delta feel
Aerosmith: Hangman Jury
CCR: Born on the Bayou; Bad Moon rising
Santana: Black Magic Woman
(note: I wanted to put St. John by Aerosmith on, but I had to cut it)

Saloon feel
The Rolling Stones: Honky Tonk Women (also fits the Delta feel category)
Garth Brooks: Friends In Low Places

Other songs I added
Lynyrd Skynyrd: Free Bird (just sorta felt Southern)
Bob Dylan: Knockin' On Heaven's Door (good for dying characters- I also
wanted to put Comportably Numb by Pink Floyd on for the nightmares of
soon-to-be Harrowed)
Guns N' Roses: Don't Cry (alt. lyrics- I probably wouldn't put this one on
if I redid it)
Bob Seger: Turn the Page (likewise- the sax music just doesn't fit)

I plan on making a new version sometime soon, probably after I take my Box
of Fire boxed set and put it all on one CD in MP3 format (that'll DEFINITELY
save on storage space- if only CD players could read them).  Anybody have
suggestions on song to fit The Maze or Salt Lake City?  I plan on taking my
posse to SLC soon, so I figure I should use some stuff with industrial
sounds, and I'm kind of stuck for The Maze. I also plan on making one for
the Delta region.

Nick "the music man" Zachariasen

President
Corporate Communications