Re: [DL] Mood Music

Nick Zachariasen wrote:

> Well, here are the that I put on one myself- I titled the thing "Deadlands:
> Songs Ta Shoot Thangs By":
>
> General Western feel
> Bon Jovi- Wanted: Dead or Alive; Blaze of Glory
> Lenny Kravitz: Are You Gonna Go My Way (from MTV's Unplugged Collecton Vol.
> 1)
> Kenny Rogers: The Gambler
> Guns N' Roses: You Ain't The First
> The Beatles: Rocky Racoon
> Kiss: A World Without Heroes
> Weezer: Dukes of Hazzard theme

Add:
Tracy Lawrence: Renegades, Rebels, & Rogues
Clint Black: Good Run of Bad Luck
Waylon Jennings: Dukes of Hazzard Theme; Don't Mess around with Me
Charlie Daniels: Devil Went Down to Georgia
Toby Keith: Should've Been a Cowboy
Hank Williams Jr.: Attitude Adjustment

> Mississippi Delta feel
> Aerosmith: Hangman Jury
> CCR: Born on the Bayou; Bad Moon rising
> Santana: Black Magic Woman
> (note: I wanted to put St. John by Aerosmith on, but I had to cut it)
>
> Saloon feel
> The Rolling Stones: Honky Tonk Women (also fits the Delta feel category)
> Garth Brooks: Friends In Low Places
>
> Other songs I added
> Lynyrd Skynyrd: Free Bird (just sorta felt Southern)

Freebird..."feels"...Southern...
You must be a Yankee if you don't know it IS Southern (and Redneck).
"Play Skynyrd!" and "FREEBIRD!" are common Southern phrases...

> Bob Dylan: Knockin' On Heaven's Door (good for dying characters- I also
> wanted to put Comportably Numb by Pink Floyd on for the nightmares of
> soon-to-be Harrowed)
> Guns N' Roses: Don't Cry (alt. lyrics- I probably wouldn't put this one on
> if I redid it)
> Bob Seger: Turn the Page (likewise- the sax music just doesn't fit)

I'd suggest a few more:
AC/DC: Back in Black, Big Gun, Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, Highway to Hell, T.N.T.
Led Zepplin/Paige & Plant: Gallows Pole

> I plan on making a new version sometime soon, probably after I take my Box
> of Fire boxed set and put it all on one CD in MP3 format (that'll DEFINITELY
> save on storage space- if only CD players could read them).  Anybody have
> suggestions on song to fit The Maze or Salt Lake City?  I plan on taking my
> posse to SLC soon, so I figure I should use some stuff with industrial
> sounds, and I'm kind of stuck for The Maze. I also plan on making one for
> the Delta region.

Spifforama!
How about the Mortal Kombat Soundtracks for the Maze?

--
"Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves
  on a rainy Sunday afternoon"

Lord Jobe, God of Psiberspace (The Landscape of My Mind)
"Universes Exist in My Mind."
ICQ# 17774785