Re: [DL] RE: Mood Music

>?????? - I wanna be a cowboy (Forgot the name of the group and 80's song)

They are known as Boys Don't Cry.

   Most of the classical music mentioned earlier can be found on the Angel
Records releases Heavy Classix I and II (including personal favourites: The
Damnation of Faust by Berlioz, Prokofiev's The Alien God and the Dance of
the Evil Spirits, Mussorgsky's Night on Bald Mountain and Grieg's In the
Hall of the Mountain King, although I can't say I dislike any of the
offerings on those cd's).
    Being very opposed to country music (and i live in Idaho!) I would
suggest the following mood music:
    Death Angel: Seemingly Endless Time
     W.A.S.P.: Blind in Texas
     Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds: Red Right Hand
     Alice In Chains: actually, quite a few, Dam that River and Down in a
Hole are good Harrowed-feel songs.
      The Alan Parson's Project: Tales of Mystery and Imagination Edgar
Allan Poe, the entire cd is pretty good.
       Prong: the Beg to Differ cd
        Pantera: Cowboys from Hell and quite a bit of the Vulgar Display of
Power cd
        Sting: Love is Stronger than Justice (the Munificent Seven)
         The Revolting Cocks and a few Ministry hits (both starring Alien
Jourgensen)
          Lynyrd Skynyrd, in addition to Freebird mentioned earlier, Gimme
Three Steps is pretty good
         Guns and Roses: Out to get me among others.

         Just a few selections I would suggest. I can always find a way to
squirm Megadeth and Blue Oyster Cult into a list of mood music as well.

Steve