[DL] A Formal Farewell (but not a goodbye)

Hey Gang,

Forgive me if this message has shown up on the list before. If it did, I
never saw it.

It struck me recently that I never have said an official goodbye to everyone
as I step back behind the curtain and make way for the illustrious Mr. John
"Bodycount" Goff. As anyone who knows me will tell you, keeping silent is
not something I do very often, thus this email. :)

Personal and professional considerations (and the fact that I've just
relocated to the Washington DC area)it was time for me to move on. I leave
Dealands and the Wierd West in the capable and bloodthirsty hands of Goff.
Goff has got stuff planned thats going to curdle your blood, and I'm happy
as all get out that he's my sucessor. (He's also a heck of a lot better at
keeping up with email than I am — a fact that y'all have no doubt already
noticed).

It's been a privaledge to work with Shane and Matt and all the Pinnacle guys
over the years, and a pleasure to be fooling around in the Weird West
sandbox. I hope all of you out there enjoyed all the cool stuff that hit the
shelves under my watch.

Canyon o' Doom (which hopefully doesn't suck ;) ) should be hitting the
shelves soon, and I just finished up my last in-house Pinnacle job:
developing John Goff's last out-of-house project, Rascals Varmints &
Critters II, which kicks ass incidentally.

But this isn't it for me and Pinnacle. I'll be penning a few things in the
upcoming year (for both HOE and DL), and will probably be there come
convention time as well. I'll still be lurking here on the listserv, of
course. And maybe now I'll finally have a chance to paint up my Iron Dragon
GRW army.

Finally, I just wanted to say a hearty thank-you to all you folks out there
buying and enjoying the books that it's been my pleasure to have a hand in
over the last few years. I've met a bunch of you lunatics at the conventions
and have always had a blast. I hope to meet more of you guys in the future.
Sandor and Alan, the first Guinness is on me this summer!

So, a Happy New Year to all. Welcome to 2000 — the year of GOFF!

Yer all doomed.

Hal

Hal Mangold
hmangold@mad.scientist.com
Freelance Writer, Graphic Designer & Web Designer

"Every normal man must be tempted at times, to spit on his
hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
                                                                         -H.L. Mencken
FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com
Sign up at http://www.mail.com?sr=mc.mk.mcm.tag001