Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 19:32:00 -0800
From: ragnar@lewiston.com
Subject: Re: [DL] Minis [Shane or Goff]

>AD&D.
>
>In this case, it's not a matter of whether the product will sell. . . but
>of the fact that PEG would then be competing against two big boys for shelf
>space for their miniatures.
>
>I gather it was hard enough to get space when there was only GW around.
>Now WotC is going to be putting the squeeze on retailers to give up some
>turf for their stuff.

    I agree with these, although it is a shame. To even buy Pinnacle
products offline I have to drive 30 miles to a smaller town and hope they
have something that I don't already have. GW is in charge of the gamers in
that town. The WOTC miniatures will not even be a concern there. One shop,
in the basement of a pharmacy, carries what they have left of GRW
miniatures and they even have the boxed set, but with no support there,
nobody ould play. All of the places that sell miniatures and games are GW
Rogue Trader sights, and push Warhammer to the umpteenth degree.
     However, in the village of 50,000 where I live, there are only Ral
Partha and Dark Heaven miniatures, not GW figure in sight. Places like this
would be superb for a game like GRW and I am trying to kickstart Deadlands
here and in the other town.

Steve
  Please don't let these shakes go on.

Only when the last tree is dead, the last river
dammed, and the last field paved over will we
realize we can't eat money.